- How long have you been a photographer?
- Since high school or college depending on your definition but I have been a full time wedding photographer in Asheville for the past 10 years. I still learn something new at every single wedding so I know how much that experience matters. I didn't just attend some workshops and put up a website. Being a wedding photographer full time is a whole other level of skill and commitment and I couldn't imagine doing anything else.
- What are you most proud of as a wedding photographer?
- My very long page of happy client reviews. This says so much about so many different aspects of what I try to do as a photographer. A close second would be the large number of vendor lists I'm on thanks to those same happy clients and hard work.
- We'd like to get to know you better, how can we do that?
- Call me anytime at 626-786-9282 to set up a Skype/Facetime meeting. Then maybe you could swing by my office near the Biltmore Estate just outside downtown Asheville or meet me at your favorite coffee shop or brewery. Not coming to Asheville anytime soon? Call me anyway and follow me on Instagram. One of the best perks of this job is getting to meet so many fun new people!
- Your packages all offer unlimited wedding day coverage. Really?
- Absolutely. I never liked the awkward "my time is up" interaction during an event as special as your wedding day. My clients typically have me start at one of two times: either when they feel ready for photos (dressed/makeup done) or when the bride is getting her hair and makeup done.
- What is the most important question no one ever asks?
- What is your backup system? Your photos are incredibly important to you and me so making sure I have a rock solid backup system is just as important. My cameras create two files every time I press the shutter and they are all downloaded to yet another drive the very night of your wedding. The next morning I create yet another off site copy. I created and maintained the backup system for the photo agency I worked at in Los Angeles to preserve and protect their celebrity portraits and I think your photos are even more important!
- When do we get to see our photos?
- My standard turnaround is three weeks and I personally edit all my clients' photos. I'm fast and I do not cut corners. Ever.
- Do you offer videography?
I do not do offer video services. Despite video and photography having more crossover every year they still require very specific skills and I prefer to focus mine (no pun intended) on photography. I work with a wide variety of videographers here in Asheville and have a list of some of them here. Their styles are all different but they are all very professional which is why I recommend to my clients.
- Are you still working on this FAQ page?
- Yuuuup. Always adding info. Check back anytime and feel free to email or call me at 626-786-9282 anytime with any questions you might have.